From Jie Wu Home Page
- I am now a senior scientist at Philips Research, working on all kinds of genomics relevant topics.
- Before I joined Philips, I was a bioinformatics scientist at BioMicro Center at MIT. I help people at MIT on bioinformatics and data analysis.
- I got my Ph.D in Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and Stony Brook University. My major is computational biology. And my thesis work is mainly about RNA-seq data analysis, so that's why I registered this domain.
- 12 year experience on next generation sequencing data analysis
- Developed two programs (SpliceTrap & OLego) for mRNA-seq data analysis
- Skilled in Perl, C++, R and Shell scripts in Linux
- Background in physics, biology and mathematics